The Audio Technician is responsible for the running of the production and guest artist shows. The technician will oversee the operation of all Audio Systems onboard. Assist other technicians with scenery changeovers and maintenance.
The Audio Technician is expected to maintain and inspect all audio equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all related equipment and supplies are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed.,
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Maintain the Audio design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line. In the event that production Audio needs to be changed for operational circumstances, then notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the correct audio design.
* Set up and operate Audio for variety entertainer and various events other than production shows.
* Perform weekly audits on Audio equipment onboard to ensure it is all operational.
* Operate equipment during daily rehearsals and sound checks for the evening entertainment; ensure that all activities have appropriate Audio support.
* Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning on all entertainment audio equipment, on the vessel with the help of the Technical staff.
* Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
* Perform daily tests of Audio systems prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor of any malfunction.
* Create and maintain up to date auditable inventory of all entertainment as requestedby Technical Supervisor.
* Responsible for the proper use and placement of microphones on performers. Responsible for the collection and inventory of all microphones and other loose equipment and to ensure it is secure at close of venue.
* Must provide detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager and must be available upon request.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
* Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.