To assist the Maitre d’ Hotel in all activities of all Food and Beverage service operations on board, ensuring consistency, high level of service and revenue, all in keeping with company standards. To administer all team service training classes during the day. (Team Headwaiters, Team Waiters, F&B Servers)
He/she will be responsible for:
• Assigned to guest dining room for breakfast & dinner. To conduct service training during day.
• Periodically checks on Lido, Room Service and Employee Dining Rooms
• To assist the Maitre d in the smooth running of Dining Room Operation. Therefore he/she must be familiar with all clerical work related with the position and have a thorough knowledge of the computerized and manual reservation system, CPG and wine cellar controls.
• Will act when short of a Maitre d
• To assist the Maitre d with paper work such as schedules, team incentives etc.
• To assist the Maitre d in all dining room-related duties.
• To assist the Maitre d with the set up of the Grand Gala Buffet.
• Responsible for supervising all midnight buffet set-up's and opening with the Lido pm THW
• To keep a log of all training conducted and submit regular updates to F&B Manager
• To be knowledgeable about USPH Regulations and ensure that they are maintained and crew is aware of the procedure.
• To check off the back dining rooms for USPH
• To train all service staff in the basics of restaurant service and Carnival College Standards.
• To train Room Service Operators
• To schedule and conduct dining room related orientation for new sign-on Wait-staff and Room
• To ensure that the Back dining Rooms open on time for service and that they run smoothly by doing periodic checks.
• To serve the Captain when he eats in the guest dining room.
• To supervise the parades during dinner and ensure participation
• To assist the Maitre d with evaluations for the Team Headwaiters/Team Waiters
The position of Senior Assistant Maitre D reports directly to the Maitre D.
Working relationship with F&B Manager, Asst. F&B Managers, Team Headwaiters, Team Waiters, Chef de Cuisine & Sous Chefs
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
3 years as Maitre d Asst on Cruise Ships
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary