The primary responsibility of the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager is to deliver world-class quality food and beverage service to guests, which consistently and effectively reflects the luxurious nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure the efficient operation of all beverage service outlet areas .
* Analyze the quality and cost of beverage service, keeping within the set budget.
* Monitor time management.
* Ensure public health standards throughout the F&B and housekeeping operation are followed.
* Provide ongoing training and ensure that the standards set by the Corporate Offices are followed.
* Work in an assigned area and on a schedule assigned by the Food & Beverage Director following all rules and regulations of the company.
* Inform Food and Beverage Director promptly regarding all relevant matters.
* Assume the duties of the Food and Beverage Director in the event of his/her absence.
*Monitor guest satisfaction of the department, especially wine service and bar operation, measured by comment cards.
* Oversee compliance of Public Health regulations. * Ensure that all bars and beverage areas are properly staffed, stocked, set up and open as scheduled.
* Monitor the par level of the beverages , beverage supplies, and equipment/tools for the bars and wine cellars are maintained.
* Maintain prompt beverage service in the restaurants during service, actively participating in the restaurant supervision at peaks times.
*Monitor guest flow in public areas to ensure prompt beverage service to all guests.
*Communicate effectively to the bar team to reflect our service anchors (Benchmark of Excellence and Regent Seven Seas Cruises values ) at all times.
*Advise the team of all events and activities on the ship at all times.
* Manage staff to enforce the Regent Alcohol Policy.
* Monitor the quality and service of canapés during the cocktail hours.
* Monitor the set up of the caviar bar and the caviar selection, and confirm compliance with Regent standards.
* Log the temperatures of all fridges, freezers and dishwashers in beverage venues, according to Regent Seven Seas Cruises procedures and legal guidelines.
*Oversee the maintenance of all equipment in all food and beverage areas.
*Liaise with the Food & Beverage Director and the entire department to establish and achieve predetermined profit objectives.
*Maintain standards of quality of food, service, and cleanliness.
* Update team on a regular basis of targets, costs and monitoring procedures.
* Motivate the team to up-sell and generate revenue.
* Provide ideas to maximize beverage revenue and minimize costs.
* Review financial transactions and monitor budget.
*Review operating procedures for revenue enhancement opportunities.
* Screen requisition estimates for beverage replacements, supplies, purchases, etc. for final approval.
* Keep an accurate inventory of glasses, utensils and bottles, producing an order when necessary.
* Check all requisitions before the final approval by F&B Director.
* Supervise individual performance, while providing feedback and follow up, with the assistance of the HR Manager.
* Update the HR Manager regarding personnel issues, to assist HR with staff planning, skills shortages, service standards and other training that may be requi red.
* Create a positive and open atmosphere in the department in order to maximize staff productivity.
* Evaluate the use of manpower and its impact on revenue.
* Monitor department work schedules, to comply with Regent Seven Seas Cruises policies and procedures.
* Possess a thorough understanding of TAR, employee contracts, and work schedules.
* Assist the F&B Director in overseeing the F&B operation.
* Maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
* Project a favorable image of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, promote its aims and objectives , and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas and endeavors.
* Promote Regent Seven Seas Cruises values – Service Anchors:
Ownership Takes full responsibility for the quality of his – her work. Personalized Service Makes every crew and guest interaction unique and memorable, exceeding expectations. Expertise Exhibits knowledge and expertise. Natural Approach Effortlessly provides attentive, sincere and caring service for crew and guests in a comfortable atmosphere.
* Monitor and enforce grooming and uniform standards according to company policies and procedures.
* Verify PH standards and compile reports to send to respective parties for ac tion and follow up.
* Attend F&B meeting and convey information from meeting as needed.
* Conduct public area walk around during peak times, including the Pool Deck on sea days.
* Review outstanding maintenance issues and follow up.
* Oversee bar requisition/transfers/spoilage/breakage, holding the senior bartender accountable for service standards and set ups.
* Monitor crew mess for food quality and service.
* Monitor crew bar sales and inventory
* Review daily bar sales / identify cruise trends and make relevant revenue suggestions.
* Random checks of internal requisition posting for accuracy.
* Review and authorization of daily party sheets.
* Review of inventory adjustments and posting if satisfied.