We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about creating the most epic bar experience at sea.
This ‘someone’ will work under our Beverage and Operations Manager and will ensure our sailors the most memorable beverage experience at sea. They will oversea the daily operation of the beverage programs.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Directs, coaches, supports and supervises the performance of all bar crew while assisting the Beverage Operations Manager in the daily bar operation onboard
● Ensures all Beverage crew are in full compliance with Public Health regulations
● Assists Beverage Operations Manager in conducting regular inspections of all Bar and Beverage areas ensuring that any shortfalls in cleanliness or standards are corrected
● Implements work schedules for all beverage staff taking into account ILO Work and Rest hours ensuring MLC guidelines are adhered to
● Provides daily interaction with sailors anticipating needs and provides outstanding customer service and delivery
● Creates and maintains a positive impact with Sailors at all times
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Reports to the Beverage Operations Manager any sailor complaints and feedback and where possible resolves ensuring Sailor satisfaction
● Assists Beverage Operations Manager in ensuring that all Bars, Bar areas and Beverage stations adhere to advertised opening and closing times
● Maintains control of consumption of beverage supplies, maintenance and beverage stocks and ordering
● Monitors bar wastage and looks to identify improvements through cost control, maintaining all bars equipment and stores and reports to Beverage Operations Manager any major concerns
● Assists in maintaining all Bars and outlets by ensuring all are sufficiently stocked with supplies, recording production and operational data in each area, and approving/overseeing inventories, bar par levels, transfers, cocktail parties and opening
● Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beer and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum 3 years’ experience as Asst. Beverage/Bar Manager onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort
Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engaging a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity
Passionate about people and able to handle sailor complaints with a smile!
All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
Strong written & verbal skills
Contract length: 5 months on / 2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary