Provides a friendly and professional service to the guests in the Restaurant and buffet area, and assists the waiter in anticipating and fulfilling the guests needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Azamara Club Cruises' mission of sustaining an upmarket cruise experience with a destination driven brand image. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the AMAZE Standards, Safety is Everybody's Business, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Azamara Club Cruises’ AMAZE Standards each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Primary responsibilities include the service of beverages (nonchargeable) and bread, and the transporting of the soiled dishes from the restaurant to the galley.
3. Ensures that guests are completely satisfied with the food and service, and reports to the waiter any special requests or complaints made by the guests.
4. Reports for duty at assigned times following his/her supervisor’s instructions according to company policies.
5. Performs any additional duties required by the Restaurant Manager’s schedule.
6. Participates in training programs to develop his/her skills in preparation for future promotions.
7. Responsible for keeping his/her working section clean and tidy, following the United States Public Health rules and regulations at all times.
8. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew with inquiries.
9. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work related activities as required.
10. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any otherjob related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum of three years experience in a food preparation/service position in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred).
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
Contract length: 26 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary