We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is a natural leader & loves the restaurant biz.
This “someone” will work closely with the Maitre D’ to make sure that ship in our restaurant is running smoothly. They will help oversea the entire F&B team in an eatery & provide support and guidance. Sound like you?! … Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet
● Responsible for providing supervision, leadership and support to all restaurant team members, helping to provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere and service to all Sailors and Crew
● Responsible for training restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus, standards and steps of service
● Responsible for cross training crew members in other departments in order to find the right fit of future teams
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet
● Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring Sailors have the utmost satisfaction
● Ensures all restaurant team members perform and adhere to company guidelines and policy at all times
● Ensure that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner
● Informs the Maitre d’ on all Sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seek to resolve
● Assigns service stations to the service staff from the respective assigned outlet based on performance and ability
● Ensures that all health rules and regulations such as USPH are maintained and adhered to and where necessary, provide training to other members of the Restaurant team
● Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary
● Monitors and assists clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including cutlery and tableware meet Virgin Voyages’ standards
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
● Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
● Monitor restaurant and Crew Dining areas ensuring that all crew uphold all standards, rules and regulations in line with USPH guidelines