Assistant Financial Accountant Norwegian Cruise Line
The assistant to the Financial Accountant, this position performs all duties as directed by the Financial Accountant and Chief Financial Accountant. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Manage the Onboard Credit Desk during service hours and at embarkation, as required.
* Collect guest credit card registrations and handle changes in credit cards and/or method of payment.
* Accept, verify and record guest cash deposits, where applicable.
* Batch postings to guest accounts (i.e. Service Charges, miscellaneous revenue postings) as directed.
* Perform nightly close day procedures in all systems after balancing on a daily basis.
* Credit card processing, including obtaining manual authorizations.
* Update Daily Revenue Summary and distribute to applicable ship management and/or shoreside operations.
* Monitor guest accounts with cash deposits and declined credit card authorizations, (closing accounts with no method of payment).
* Perform verification of system account checks and transfer of balances as per company policies.
* Audit all promotional charges, ensuring compliance to company policy.
* Balance all revenue areas on a daily/nightly basis.
* Report generation, back up and reset of the POS on a nightly basis.
* Manning of Foreign Exchange desk and operation of Foreign Exchange system on appropriate vessels. Daily balancing of Foreign Exchange float.
* Directly or indirectly manage issues regarding guest disputes, queries and statement copies.
* Prepare system account checks for ship’s management approval. Ensure appropriate signature/approval received for all checks to be included in the voyage documentation.
* Performs other department-related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
* Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting preferred.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Fidelio is strongly preferred.
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting (or other certification).
Relevant shipboard experience and a minimum of 3 – 5 years of accounting experience may substitute for the educational requirements at an equivalent rate.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language
Contract length: 26 weeks on / 10 weeks off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary