Works in conjunction with the Chief Housekeeper to coordinate, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day activities of the stateroom, public areas, open decks housekeeping function.
Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
It is every employee’s responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
* Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Chief Housekeeper) the performance of all direct reports.
* Manages the assignment of duties, responsibilities and workstations to his/her staff. Observesand evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Presents overtime needs to Chief Housekeeper for final approval.
* Collaborates with the Chief Housekeeper, to review the requirements of the day’s schedule, guest requirements, guest comments and other related details.
* Meets with staff daily to review changes and/or revisions to programming based on itinerary, weather conditions, demographics, etc.
* Responds to guest concerns in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing empathy and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
* Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
* Responsible to collect and review the Housekeeping crewmembers' time cards and forward to the Chief Housekeeper.
* Responsible to visit each stateroom once during the cruise and introduce themselves to guest in order to ensure that they are satisfied with the services rendered.
* Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
* Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
One to two years housekeeping supervisory experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line (shipboard experience preferred).
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
Contract length: 26 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary