Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Apprentice Purser assists the other employees in the Shipboard Financial Operations division by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
1. Assists the 2nd Purser Payroll and Crew Payroll Manager with the sale of money orders, collecting crew SeaPass accounts, payroll distribution and any other crew-related financial matters.
2. Assists the 2nd Purser Administration with gratuity posting and/or balancing, reconciling prepaid amenities, obtaining method of payment for guest SeaPass accounts and any other guest-related financial matters.
3. Performs clerical work such as filing and photocopying. Assists with general office work and duties.
4. Assists the Financial Operations Division as determined by the Financial Controller.
5. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries
6. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
7. Performs related duties as required. This position description is not intended to prescribe the only duties to be performed by this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Minimum 6 months experience in a payroll or accounting processing position within the hospitality industry or financial institution
Ability to work independently as well as part of a closely-knit team
Ability to work with and maintain confidential documentation
Ability to excel with reconciliation, functions and formulas relating to cash handling
Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests and crew in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively
Ability to communicate tactfully with guests and crew, divisional managers and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
Completion of high school, basic education or vocational training equivalency preferred
Contract length: 6,5 months on/2 months off
Salary: Please contact the agency in regards salary